SALES AND MARKETING
The Sales & Marketing Council of Columbia (SMC) encourages and maintains a high quality of sales and marketing expertise through educational programs, networking opportunities and recognition for its members. The SMC exists within the Building Industry Association of Central South Carolina (BIA of Central SC) to educate and improve the sales and marketing skills of member builders, REALTORS®, on-site sales representatives and industry support members.
- To promote professional standards and ethical practices among sales & marketing professionals.
- To provide a marketing intelligence network among members.
- To provide a line of communication from the consumer to professional builders.
- To recognize and reward marketing and sales professionals in the homebuilding industry.
- Provide an opportunity to network with other sales and marketing professionals to help further your unique career.
The mission of the Sales and Marketing Council shall be to promote a high level of professionalism through education, community involvement, and the exchange of ideas while enhancing relationships in delivering the American Dream.
34th annual REGAL Awards
More information here…
Click to see the list of Sales & Marketing Council Members
Click here to download the SMC Membership Application
Join SMC Council Only for only $105/year or take advantage of our Council Affiliate Membership for $200/year
ABOUT THE SMC
Chartered in 1989, the Sales & Marketing Council of Greater Columbia was formed based on the idea that in order for our local industry professionals to be successful we would need to educate, motivate and support anyone involved in new home sales. The council was developed within the Home Builders Association of Greater Columbia and with the help of eight extremely dedicated board members, grew to more than 150 members in it’s first year and was also awarded Best New Sales & Marketing Council by the National Association of Home Builders.
Education We have continued to maintain those principles that were the foundation for our council by offering our members access to the latest educational courses offered by NAHB with CSP, IRM and MIRM designations as well as our very popular ABC’s of Building, which gives attendees a hands-on look at the building process. Our award-winning educational programming, Know & Grow, is offered quarterly to our members free of charge and addresses current industry issues, trends and developments in a particular area around the Midlands.
Recognition Every February we hold Columbia’s most prestigious industry awards program, The REGAL Awards, which recognizes “Real Estates’ Greatest Achievers and Leaders”. The Gala is a highly anticipated event for all of our members. Awards are given out in categories ranging from advertising to product design. We also celebrate the achievements of our members with new home sales in excess of 1 million dollars with the REGAL Circle Agent and Sales Manager Awards.
Giving Back to the Community Since 2003 the Sales & Marketing Council has adopted St. Lawrence Place, a program of Trinity Housing Corporation which provides thirty units of transitional housing for homeless families in Columbia, as their official philanthropy. We have worked closely with the organization in many activities and fundraisers such as: Adopt-A-Family, SMC Workday, Cleaning Supplies Drive, School Supply Basket Drive, Mr. Strut Your Stuff, Camp Bob, Weight Wars: Battle of the Bulge, Chili for Charity ~ Chili Cookoff and most recently POUR WAR!
During SMC Quarterly meetings, we highlight a local charity here in the Midlands to support with our ever-popular Happy Dollar Time. Organizations we have supported: Special Olympics, SisterCare, Wounded Warriors, Happy Wheels, Transitions, United Way, Harvest Hope Food Bank and Palmetto Place Children’s Shelter.
Networking There is always a networking opportunity when you become a member with our Sales & Marketing Council. We encourage every member to become as actively involved as possible and attend many of the great events we have throughout the year such as our Chili for Charity, Quarterly Breakfast Meetings, Preview Parties, After Hours and Sneak Peek for the Tour of Homes.
2023 SMC Board of Directors
- Chairman: Amy Caskey, Irmo Lock Company
- Vice Chair: Heather McDonald, Lawyer Lisa, LLC
- Treasurer: Glenn Matthews, Modern Exterminating
- Secretary: Claudia Satterfield, Clark’s Termite & Pest Control
2023 Committee Chairs
- Imm. Past Chairman: Jeremy Gould, Hurricane Builders
- Past Chairman: Sally Rymer-Hoard, Stanley Martin Homes
- Past Chairman’s Committee: Jeremy Gould, Hurricane Builders
- Publicity/Marketing: Kim O’Quinn, Mungo Homes
- Publicity/Marketing: Sally Rymer-Hoard, Stanley Martin Homes
- Social Media Ambassador: Parris Claytor Balazs, Resource Realty Group
- Social Media Ambassador: Marie Stover, Midlands Media Group
- Membership Chair: Erica Ergle, First Heritage Mortgage Company
- Program Committee: Shayla Riley, Coldwell Banker Realty
- Education Co-Chair: Zeke Riddle, Coldwell Banker Realty
- Education Co-Chair: Owen Edwards, Guild Mortgage Company
- REGAL Chairman: Heather McDonald, Lawyer Lisa, LLC
- REGAL Vice-Chair: Brandon Jeffcoat, Clark’s Termite & Pest Control
- Ambassador Committee: Niama Lewis, Keller Williams
- Community Service Chairman: Susan Brownlee, Mungo Homes
- Community Service Vice-Chair: Rob Penny, Great Southern Homes